In January of 1953, the Galloway Township American Legion Post #430 resolved to organize an ambulance service for Galloway Township residents and the neighboring communities. In August of that same year, the American Legion Post purchased their first ambulance; a Chevrolet at a cost of $4,407.25. On September 1st, Galloway Township American Legion Post proudly placed their first ambulance into service. By the end of that year, the new ambulance and their dedicated volunteers had made 47 trips to medical facilities carrying 53 patients. In 1960, the American Legion Post purchased their second ambulance; a Cadillac.
As the population of Galloway Township grew, so did the calls for emergency medical services. In 1974, the Galloway Township Ambulance Squad responded to 770 calls and now was operating four ambulances out of two stations.
In 1996, with the exploding population and the increase demand for emergency medical services, the ambulance squad members, along with elected and appointed Galloway Township officials, started planning for the future. The goal was to develop a plan that would ensure that all Galloway Township residents and visitors would continue to receive professional emergency medical services. On July 1st 1999, the Galloway Township Ambulance Squad evolved into its current non-profit corporation.